Re: Adding a third keypad to a Caddx NX-8, wiring help requested!

joe wrote:
> Robert L Bass wrote:
>
>> The suggestion is for 4-conductor, stranded wire.
>

> Thanks you for agreeing with me that that is what Ademco recommends.
>
>   It says
>
>> nothing about electrons spinning better than on solid or any
>> other such nonsense.

And neither did I. I never said "electrons spin better"...try again foam
duck!

Can un-twisted wire be used?

Some customers have successfully used un-twisted wire at short
distances. NVT does not recommend it due to its interference susceptibility.

The point is (and always was), that twisted wire provides better
resistance to interference.

I have personally witnessed at least 10 keypads that would do very
strange things when using solid wire. Things that can't be caused by
"bad connections" as you try to spin it.

ie: Fire alarm panic button keypresses being registered at the panel,
user codes that work 80% of the time on the first try.....

Plus, you are lying when you say ITI engineers never said that. I was
there, you were not. (Also, the president of ITI and VP of Dealer Sales
were there...didn't see you!)

Oh yea, ITI has a policy of not hiring felons....so I guess I can give
you a break, you had no way of being there.