Re: Adding a third keypad to a Caddx NX-8, wiring help requested!

Robert L Bass wrote:

> The suggestion is for 4-conductor, stranded wire.

Thanks you for agreeing with me that that is what Ademco recommends.

   It says
> nothing about electrons spinning better than on solid or any
> other such nonsense.

Neither did I.

>>I'm sure the engineers who designed the system will run
>>out and change their installation instructions when they
>>find out you think it is nonsense. NOT

> You're confusing the statement about your junk science BS with a
> condemnation of stranded wire.  I only said that the story about
> electrons was pure BS.

You seem to be confused.
I never said anything about electrons.  Just stated what Ademco recommends.
Now just so you won't be confused, this is what I say:
Solid wire is better at higher frequencies and for back bone applications.
Stranded is more flexible and better for patch cords, its use should be
kept to a minimum in comm circuits because of its greater attenuation
characteristics.
Have a nice day:)