Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

When you look at it from a larger circle, a residential install of a 6112 is
at the bottom of the circle. I did an install (sub-contract) for another
Radionic's dealer here in Maryland that was down on the Eastern Shore, for a
huge High School. I'd say the project was 90% done, and had well over 100
plus points, and had multiple buildings tied into the system (9112). Once
again, as poor planning dictated, I couldn't snap my fingers and be there
the next day they needed me there. So, the company sent a new guy they
hired, supposedly had years of Radionic's experience, down to tie in the
last building, and program a few added zones. But instead of retrieving the
program from the panel, and making changes, he downloaded a blank program to
the panel, wiping out all the programmed information I had put in over the
course of a month and a half of installation. Now I've done a few stupid
things here and there, but this guy freaked, got in his van and drove away!
I run into this a lot. I run into companies like this a lot. I call them
idiot's. No amount of training in the world is going to commandeer
intelligent thought here. Without training, to some degree, you're relying
on experience. Since we seem to live in a world where people like to tell
you what you want to hear, and not what you need to hear...the expression
"quite blowing smoke up my ass....you'll f*ck up my autopsy"....comes to
mind, a lot.

Crash Gordon® wrote:
> You know what?...they do that to me too.
>
> I'm factory trained and certified on DMP & Radionics. Ademco, DSC,
Napco, Paradox..don't offer that  do they?

That's exactly the point. Any manufacturer thar "requires" factory
training is merely a ruse on their part, feigning that special training
is necessary, whether or not it really is necessary. Example. I had a
doctor who was my wifes boss, that bought a house with a Radionics
alarm system. I hooked up with a guy who had a programer who no longer
used Radionics. I borrowed the programer and figured out how to use it
and reprogrammed the system. WHAT factory training was necessary? The
systems modules finally started to give out and Radionics wouldn't sell
them to me, so I tore out the system and replaced it with a Napco. How
stupid is that? Not only did they alienate me, but to this day, the
customer still remembers that Radionics isn't a good product.

> Yes, I always tell clients of the value of having a product that
requires factory training/certification.

and that they probably wont ever be able to get anyone else to service
it should you ............ ahhh ..... shall we say ........ no longer
be able to.

Just to clarify my opinion Crash. If the job deserves the product
because of special requirements and an exclusive panel will fill the
bill. That's great. If it's a routine job and an exclusive panel is
used ........... that's not acceptable ..... to me.