Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

Crash Gordon=AE wrote:
> So everyone should sell Volkwagons?
>
> What you expouse is bs, DMP can transmit to most CS's and there are
lots of dealers around.

> If you wanted to be more honest to the take over client you could
always say; I not a trained dealer for this product, but I'd be glad to
recommend one for you. And, how would it be any different if you put in
a Paradox panel because that's what you like and there isn't another
Paradox dealer in your area. Do you feel guilty doing that , or would
you always sell Volkswagons?

> Or you could replace it with a product that you feel more comfortable
with. Which is usually what I do.

Whoops, your're absolutely right. I forgot to include Paradox in that
list of products where the manufacturers try to induce (spell that
coerce)  you to buy their product exclusively by setting quotas. Now
THAT's BS with a CAPITAL B S.

Same garbage as franchises or dealership.

All falls into the same category of (false) exclusivity. Some people
will do it, some wont. Those that do, rationalize it. Those that don't
.=2E...... just don't ..... for obvious reasons.  If you don't or do,
does't make a hill of beans to me. I just think that anyone who sells a
product that can't be accessed by anyone that the client chooses, isn't
doing the client justice. And if a dealer doesn't choose to buy a mfg
product in quantity and is refused support from the mfg because of that
.=2E...... then that is exclusionary. No way that can be justified nor
interpreted any other way, in my book. So if that's what the dealers
and mfg want then they have to stand by and and have their equipment
and reputation put down by dealers who refuse to be taken in by them.