Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

Jackcsg wrote:
> "Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > <ducking> DMP has a warning label on the side of their panels...
It
> > incorporates the universal symbol for radioactivity so I can only
assume
> > that the thing will go "critical mass" on you if you try to default
> locked
> > board...  Pity the neighbourhood afterwards...  :-))
> >

> Frank.....tisk tisk. The label on the side says "Made in the U.S.A."
But
> under the current Presidential Administration I could see the
correlation in
> the Universal Symbol. The "Critical Mass" is what happens to the
customer
> after they try to screw you out of $21,000 for installing one, then
try's to
> have an Ademco Dealer service it, or even more
interestingly....replace it.
> I'd love to set that up as a documentary...."More things stupid
people
> do...."

Could be that the client was "informed" by someone.

Nothing against DMP, since I've never used one and have only seen a
couple in this area ......... but ...... If I ever did come across one
on a possible take over, I'd simply tell the customer that it was put
in by a company who was trying to trap their clients into not being
able to ever change their service provider, by using an exclusive
panel. Which, in my opinion, is exactly what it is. Same as Radionics
and ITI ....was/is. It may have some really great features, but not
worth it if the client is trapped into only one provider. I'd give the
potential client the option of continuing service with the original
provider, or pay me to switch over to a panel that could be obtained by
and serviced by any company of their choosing should they ever decide
to do so.