Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

news:1112330663.392175.45100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Could be that the client was "informed" by someone.

Informed? That's different. He had a miss-mosh of different panels in each
of the different buildings he owned. DSC, Ademco, and a few Caddx panels
here and there. He basically shopped the cheapest price, and somehow managed
to find the worst dealers. I'd say he got educated, not informed.

> Nothing against DMP, since I've never used one and have only seen a
> couple in this area ......... but ...... If I ever did come across one
> on a possible take over, I'd simply tell the customer that it was put
> in by a company who was trying to trap their clients into not being
> able to ever change their service provider, by using an exclusive
> panel. Which, in my opinion, is exactly what it is. Same as Radionics
> and ITI ....was/is. It may have some really great features, but not
> worth it if the client is trapped into only one provider. I'd give the
> potential client the option of continuing service with the original
> provider, or pay me to switch over to a panel that could be obtained by
> and serviced by any company of their choosing should they ever decide
> to do so.

I understand your views Jim, and respect them. But I also don't cater to the
same clientel as you, or the typical dealer. How you sell your clients fits
your niche, as does mine. There are plenty of DMP dealers in any given area,
it's not exclusive. Anyone can monitor a DMP Panel. And I don't go around
locking boards because I'm a prick. I have a vested interest in my clients
and treat the relationship in a professional manner. Only when a customer
owes me money for services I provide do I stand fast. It's one thing when
you recover from a couple of hundred bucks, but quite another recovering
from a couple of thousand. It's just business.
You and RH have similar views on this subject, and you and a few other have
seen the many dealers with very little values, and or ethic's. We all know
what's out there. The majority is not in our favor, nor would I ever step
down to that level just to fit in. I keep a close I on insuring that the
values I was born and raised with are at the top of the list, and that
professionally my business ethic's don't change with every situation. I
don't take things personally, but every client has his or her own
personality.