Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

news:1112330663.392175.45100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Nothing against DMP, since I've never used one and have only seen a
> couple in this area ......... but ...... If I ever did come across one
> on a possible take over, I'd simply tell the customer that it was put
> in by a company who was trying to trap their clients into not being
> able to ever change their service provider, by using an exclusive
> panel. Which, in my opinion, is exactly what it is. Same as Radionics
> and ITI ....was/is. It may have some really great features, but not
> worth it if the client is trapped into only one provider. I'd give the
> potential client the option of continuing service with the original
> provider, or pay me to switch over to a panel that could be obtained by
> and serviced by any company of their choosing should they ever decide
> to do so.

They wouldn't be trapped, DMP/Radionics can be monitored by anyone since
they can send 4/2, ITI is a slightly different story with the really old
stuff that only sent ITI format everything later than the SX-V can be
monitored by anyone as well using 4/2, SIA or CID.

If I didn't feel comforable dealing with the panel I would replace it, or
might tell the customer finding parts may be a problem which would be more
accurate