Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

news:1112487186.971260.193990@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whoops, your're absolutely right. I forgot to include Paradox in that
list of products where the manufacturers try to induce (spell that
coerce)  you to buy their product exclusively by setting quotas. Now
THAT's BS with a CAPITAL B S.

You've got it all wrong. Sales quotas have nothing to do with it.

Same garbage as franchises or dealership.

All falls into the same category of (false) exclusivity. Some people
will do it, some wont. Those that do, rationalize it. Those that don't
........ just don't ..... for obvious reasons.  If you don't or do,
does't make a hill of beans to me. I just think that anyone who sells a
product that can't be accessed by anyone that the client chooses, isn't
doing the client justice. And if a dealer doesn't choose to buy a mfg
product in quantity and is refused support from the mfg because of that

wrong again.

........ then that is exclusionary. No way that can be justified nor
interpreted any other way, in my book.

I view it as a professional relationship.

So if that's what the dealers
and mfg want then they have to stand by and and have their equipment
and reputation put down by dealers who refuse to be taken in by them.

You're confused. Somewhere you've aquired the wrong interpetation of what it
can bring to the industry. It's not coehersion, everyone has a choice here.
Come on Jim, you know this Industry as well as anyone. 80% of the idiots I
run into have no clue no matter what Manufacturers control panel or
equipment their using. Then there's the split of dealers, most smaller
dealers, of getting involved in applications way over their abilities,
coupled with the here today, gone tommorow syndrome. Your point is mute
here, as the same scenario can happen with any dealer, regardless of
equipment, or business arrangement. Your arguments are purely American,
looking for the free ride, and the easy road. Nothing wrong with that
either, and as you get older, you tend to encourage it.
I'm with Crash on this one. If you buy a Cadilac, and take it to a
volkswagon dealer for repairs....you get what you pay for. All the
volkswagon dealer see is the money anyway, and only a few would realize
their not equiped to service it. The dumb and the dumber. It's an American
Cycle. How would you explain the early termination fee for cell phone
providers who provided so many with **Free** phones. Free ain't so free.
Easy ain't so easy. It's just business.
Nothing personal.