Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

And, why would I worry about the ablities of some other alarm company? =
There are many alarm panels I don't mess with, why should I worry if =
another company can service my systems?=20

It's like trying to write univerally accepted html for all browsers all =
versions...good luck.

"Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message =

Crash Gordon=AE wrote:
> Coerce?
>
> Does Ferrari coerce people to buy their product? They're exclusive,
not anyone can service a Ferrari. I don't buy your argument. If you
don't want to sell Ferrari don't, sell plain vanilla. My clients like
the products I sell - 80% of them are Ferrari type consumers - the rest
I sell plain vanilla to also.

The products that you refer to as Ferrari products is simply a sham
that you've bought into and now have to suck your client into, to
justify you traping them into using it. Those products usually don't
have any more "useable" features than any other product. The simple
fact is, it's "exclusive" simply for the fact that it isn't used by
most dealers, therefore you like to describe it as a positive feature,
when, in fact it's simply keeping your clients prisoner. You're
obviously not going to admit that, but, that's what it winds up to be,
as far as the end user is concerned whether you intend it or not.

If they all knew that they were trapped into using only your product
you'd be singing a different tune. Ahhhh, but I'm sure you tell them
how special they are and deserve to have such a noble product line.
It's a line, alright .... of BS. And when they decide to change to
someone else and there's no other company around to take it over
....... or they have to pay someone premium prices (because it *is*
exclusive) to rip it out, because you sold them what you describe as a
Ferrari but is really a dead end product.

Come-on Crash, whether you intend it or not, the product is
exclusionary. And not quite falls in to the same category as Brinks and
anyone eles who has a proprietary panel. There's never any guarantee
that the end user will be able to get, good, economical or even ANY
service on an exclsive product and there's no way that you can argue
with that. The part where I see it most is when someone moves into a
home or business and finds out that the panel they have is ridiculously
over priced when service is priced by the "exclusive" dealers at 3 and
4 times the going rate. It's a rip off and if you can't see it
........... they can.

At times, I've had shelves full of Radionics and ITI equipment that
dealers ripped off people with around here. Once they got it installed,
service calls were close to $200.00. Gimme a break. Those dealers
installed them on purpose because they knew that most dealers wouldn't
kow tow to quotas or spend that money for an exclusive programer or
whatever the "fee" was, to join the "club". Those companies lasted
about 5 years and eventually the word got out and most of their
equpment wound up in the dump and so did they.

You're going to do, say and rationalize whatever it takes, to justify
what you sell, but the fact remains, it's exclusionary whether you see
it that way or not. It is. And by the way, a Ferrari is expensive
because it's one of the best cars made, not because someone has to meet
a quota to get it. That is,  It's not a Volkswagon dressed up as a
Ferrari.