Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

You know what?...they do that to me too.

I'm factory trained and certified on DMP & Radionics. Ademco, DSC, =
Napco, Paradox..don't offer that  do they?

Yes, I always tell clients of the value of having a product that =
requires factory training/certification.=20

"Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message =

Crash Gordon=AE wrote:
> And, why would I worry about the ablities of some other alarm
company? There are many alarm panels I don't mess with, why should I
worry if another company can service my systems?

> It's like trying to write univerally accepted html for all browsers
all versions...good luck.

You're right about that. I feel the same way. But, in the past, when
I've gone into a home or business and there's one of your type panels
and I've called mfg for assistance to get the panel going for the
client, I get all the crap about ......... where did I get the panel
....... who installed it ....... have you ever bought from us before
......... Who's the dealer who installed it ...... call the other
dealer ......... can't spend time now, very busy ......... have to
replace the panel ....... have to go through an authorized dealer
.......... THAT's BS. The fact is  ...... I've got one of their panels,
I'm trying to get it going, they don't want a thing to do with it
unless I've done business with them or use their panels regularly. Oh
really? So they just alienated another dealer. Good work. Great
marketing plan.

I don't have time for that crap. Never did, never will. They want me to
use their equipment, they can start out by co-operating with me. If
they put me off, they're history. The consumer knows diddly wink about
their product and if they were smart, they'd see that * I'M * their
customer, not the consumer. Just as you do, I give the customer what I
think is best for them. Any manufacturer that doesn't co-operate with
me, doesn't even get on the list for consideration. Anyone who want's a
Ferrari, knows what they are buying and is buying it exactly because it
*is* exclusive.  Any end user who buys a burglar alarm panel of this
type, has never even heard of it and only knows what they're told by
the dealer. And I'm sure they're not told what the exclusivity of it
can result in for them. If you do that and you can live with that.
.... fine ..... I wont.

In years past, these companys used to ask to come to do presentations
at association meetings. I'd relish the opportunity of waiting for them
to complete their presentations and then tearing them down to
sputtering inanities trying to justify the exclusivity of their
equipment. They couldn't and never will be able to. They don't ask to
come anymore.

Jack seems to be using the DMP products in a manner that requires those
features. Thats his market and somebody's got to fill it. If a product
can do great things and there are requirements for those features, then
the product is justified. If the requirements are not there and the
product is still used ........ the client is being trapped by the
dealer. But ............ I guess that's a kind of a market too.