Re: Fire Side Chat -- Fire Alarm Code Issue

"Norm Mugford" <1alarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Mr. Bass...before you put you mouth in motion,
> make sure your brain is engaged...........

Before commenting in a public forum, I suggest you try to be a bit more
professional.  When a member of the ECLB behaves as you do in public you
debase the industry, not to mention the Florida ECLB.

> Quote the code, NEC or  NFPA not the code of Bass.

Like Bob Campbell, I've no inclination to spend the time looking it up.

> Next, your gonna say you can't hook a 135 degree heat detector
> when installed in an attic, to a burg/fire panel because it
> violates the code of Bass........

No, Mugford.  I said you shouldn't do that because it's dumb to use the
wrong detector for the job.

> Beside who are you to publicly challenge an article
> written in an industry magazine.

Since I have more experience in the industry than you and (judging from your
recent gaff related to ROR detectors) more knowledge of fire alarm
practices, I'd say I have every right to correct a colleague's error.

> It's the man's opinion, not fact Mr. Bass.

Since it was published in a trade rag which is read by thousands of new
techs, it's extremely important that errorneous statements be corrected.
Perhaps you don't think that matters, but I do.

> The more you open your mouth Mr. Bass.
> The more you demonstrate why you're unlicensed.
>
> Norm Mugford

The more you post to this forum, the more you demonstrate your lack of
professionalism, Mr. Mugford.  How unfortunate for the tradesmen who come
before your board.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass