Re: Door Bell Install Via Homerun Closet

"Robert L Bass" <Sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : 3K2dndviDf49xivXnZ2dnUVZ_jKdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> That is utter nonsense.  Once terminated at the device
>>> none of the conductors will slip out of a bundle like that.
>>
>> If done by a pro, there is minimal chance that something
>> will happen, but we have NO idea how this home owner
>> is when working with wirring.
>
> Whether done by a paid installer or a DIY homeowner, wires twisted
> together under a screw terminal just don't unravel.

And what about the jonction in the middle of the circuit? and even under
some screw if the wiring is short, the home owner can make bigger mistake
that you think.

>> If a job is done out of the code, there is a BIG possibility
>> that insurance company wont pay...
>
> Wrong again.  Take a look at a few homeowner's insurance policies.  I
> have.

I dont know on what place on earth you live..(in fact i know where you say
you live, but it must be somewhere else) cause here in Canada, if you dont
install electrical stuff on par with the code, your doomed, and the
insurance wont pay..

>> They will try to pull out of any contract if you give them
>> the chance... You know about this pretty sure, just pay
>> your health care insurance late and your dead..
>
> Apples to oranges, my friend.

insurance and contract, both the same thing..

>>> In the US it's almost invariably 16-gauge.
>>
>> So you have the anwer... but 16 gauge or dont use that
>> wiring.. or use what was supposed to plug there..
>
> The funny thing about this is that in hundreds of "professional" security
> systems that I took over during the 24 years I ran an alarm company, it
> was and is common practice to double up 22-gauge, 4-conductor wire for
> sirens and transformers, both of which usually call for 18-gauge wire.
> None of those installations ever had a fire caused by the practice.

show me when I called for ALARM technician on this? i spoke about
electrician.. your meds must be too strong...

And its not because its working on sirene and class 2 transfo with alarm,
that it will be ok with a class 1 transfo with out fusing...
you are mixing many thing...

>>> It's fairly common practice among low voltage installers
>>> though it's not the "preferred" technique.
>>
>> It is common practice, but still a no no if you have to
>> comply to code..
>
> The funny thing is that it is commn practice among professional
> installers --  the people you say he must hire to get the job done right.

Where am I talking about low voltage installers?

>> on burglar alarm system, it could be ok, on a powered
>> device without fusing , i dont think its ok..
>
> We're talking about a low current doorbell / phone interface.  The most
> popular brand is called "Doorbell Fon" and that unit draws very minimal
> current.  The installation instructions don't even specify what gauge wire
> to use.  The only current spec mentioned is for the system's output --
> 25mA, which would run nicely on a single 22-gauge wire.  Somehow I doubt
> he'll burn his house down with this.  :^)

Yup and the next home owner will use a regular doorbell with a class 1
transfo and the place could burn down if the doorbell or the wiring get
shorted...