Re: Door Bell Install Via Homerun Closet

"G. Morgan" <usenet_abuse@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : se1ob5l31ea1sli8a2lg7vpm4en02epnur@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:13:12 -0400, "petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>this small wire will over heat quite fast if the cable get sorted
>>somewhere
>>in the wall (again from the rat) what do you think of this scenario?
>
> I think the chances are about 1 in 10^100 that the wire will melt and
> cause
> enough heat.  Besides, the OP asked if he could double up the pairs, I say
> yes.   I'd do it in a heartbeat if that was the only way.

The problem is not if there is a big chance that itnwill happen or not, its
about that fcat that it can happen and that it is against code to do it,
period.

The OP ask if it was ok, it is not. would it work, yes, is it ok, no.

you have to understand that in 2 years from now,m if someone come here and
read a tread but doubling wiring to provide more power to a small device and
find that its athe solution for another problem he have ,but for a bigger
current pull, like he got a 14-3 wire and want to pass 20 amp, would he be
ok use 2 put of the 3 wire for the  load. the answer is no, its against code
and its a damn fire hazard. same here..

> I think you're arguing just for the sake of your opinion of Robert, not an
> actual concern for safety.

the one that started the arguing is your friend the walking dead man, he was
not even responding to the OP for days after I answered.

> The OP hasn't even responded back with the specifics of the bell.

That I find reassuring, that mean he read my post, probably said that I was
right and did the right thing.