Re: Door Bell Install Via Homerun Closet

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 08:17:09 -0400, "Petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>nope its a mess in preparation.. a short can happen , and if does what
>protection does the OP have against a fire.. none

I advised him to put an inline fuse in there, but realistically a short will
simply pop the secondary on the x-former.

There is not enough heat to generate a fire in your senario, even with a dead
short.  The current is too small to melt anything.

So....Let me ask you this:  What about PoE?  It is rated for about ~460mA,
where's your concern for a fire there?