Door Bell Install Via Homerun Closet

I have a bit of an unusual situation. I wired up my house when I did a
remodel to install a key system and an intercom at the front door. As
such all I did was run a four pair Cat5e from the doorbell to the
homerun closet. I have decided not to install a key system but instead,
just a doorbell. Unfortunately i did not run a doorbell wire from the
location where the doorbell would be to the front door to the chime
location and back to the transformer! What I did do is run a four pair
Cat5e from the front doorbell to the homerun closet as well as a four
pair Cat5e from the area where the chime would be mounted to the homerun
closet. Couldn't I just connect the the same color e.g. (brown
white/white brown) pair to the front doorbell as well as the same at the
chime and do all of the cross connects in the homerun closet to complete
the circuit and energize the doorbell. That is, connect the doorbell to
the chime with the same half of the pair and the other two conductors
(one from the doorbell and one from the chime go to the transformer,
that will be mounted in the homerun closet. There is not another way for
me to install a hard wired doorbell. Help if you can. If this does not
make sense, please let me know. Any suggestions or advice would be
appreciated.