Re: Door Bell Install Via Homerun Closet

<michael.roback@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
michael.roback-85C4B0.15564613092009@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have a bit of an unusual situation. I wired up my house when I did a
> remodel to install a key system and an intercom at the front door. As
> such all I did was run a four pair Cat5e from the doorbell to the
> homerun closet. I have decided not to install a key system but instead,
> just a doorbell. Unfortunately i did not run a doorbell wire from the
> location where the doorbell would be to the front door to the chime
> location and back to the transformer! What I did do is run a four pair
> Cat5e from the front doorbell to the homerun closet as well as a four
> pair Cat5e from the area where the chime would be mounted to the homerun
> closet. Couldn't I just connect the the same color e.g. (brown
> white/white brown) pair to the front doorbell as well as the same at the
> chime and do all of the cross connects in the homerun closet to complete
> the circuit and energize the doorbell. That is, connect the doorbell to
> the chime with the same half of the pair and the other two conductors
> (one from the doorbell and one from the chime go to the transformer,
> that will be mounted in the homerun closet. There is not another way for
> me to install a hard wired doorbell. Help if you can. If this does not
> make sense, please let me know. Any suggestions or advice would be
> appreciated.

check with the local electrician to know if there is a minimum required wire
gauge for doorbell, cause even if you use electronics one that are ok with
small wire, next home owner could want to use a big doorbell that has large
gong on it and it could draw much more power..