Re: PC Power Supplies

> Any ideas? I guess I can pull out the cmos battery for an hour or
so
> to make sure the settings have gone, but anything else I can try?
> Remove the cpu?
>
> Thanks,

Removing the CPU won't work - the motherboard won't start POST without
the CPU.  Take the motherboard out and put it on an anti-static
surface, ensure *only* the CPU and its heatsink/fan and nothing else
is in, connect up the speaker from the case and see if it beeps.  If
not, put in a video card (if not onboard) and connect up to a monitor
to see if you can see anything.  If not, try another video card.  If
not, try another CPU.  If that doesn't work, the motherboard's fried,
and the CPU *might* be fried.  If that works, the CPU is fried.

Good luck!

Cheers - Piers