RE: PC Power Supplies

> > Just one last question, would you expect the mobo to boot-up
without
> this
> > 4-pin connector in place?
>
> Not 100% sure of that- if it was a PCI graphics card then maybe. This
> bit is more of a worry though-

I'm pretty sure that additional power header was for the additional CPU
load
and is *NOT* the same as the additional 4 Pins on the big ATX power
connector...

...in fact I was so sure I just pulled the side off my PC and on my very
recent mobo (bought last weekend) it has *BOTH* a 24-Pin ATX power
connector
*AND* an 4-Pin power connector. Both need to be fully powered and the 4-Pin
is right up by the CPU socket so I doubt that it is for graphics cards
(they
tended to have power connectors on the boards) but still believe it to be
for additional CPU power.

My old Athlon machine (just tried it) does bugger all without the
additional
4-Pin power cable connected.

Phil