Re: PC Power Supplies

Oops, I'll find out if I've b*ggered it up later tonight then :-(
I tried a couple of times before I'd spotted that the 2nd connector
might be needed. The manual just said "ATX power supply" and
"plug-in
the 20-pin ATX connector", which I have/did. The 2nd connector was
only mentioned in passing, and just to say what it was, not whether it
was needed... After some post-event googling, I find there are a
variety of different sub-types of ATX supplies. Bl**dy
"standards" !!!

Thanks for the heads up :-)

Tim.

On 5/6/08, Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Be careful powering up a m/b without the extra vcore 12v connector
connected. I did that a couple of years ago and blew up a main board!
Possibly just a bad design on that particular board although it was an asus
board. Everything else was fine, just forgot to connect the additional
supply.