From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jon Wilkins
Sent: 21 January 2008 11:29
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] X10 FD10 filter advice

I'm not an electrician and just looking at it from the point of view of
the
current rating, I would think that if the main fuse is 100A then
anything
between that and the next fuse (probably the bank of MCBs for each of
your
lights & socket circuits etc at 5A, 30A etc.) should be rated >100A.
Certainly not less than the 100A fuse protecting it.

Imagine what could happen if all your circuits were actually pulling,
say,
90A. The main fuse wont blow, but th load is exceeding the 60A rating on
the filter..... A Bad Thing.

On Jan 21, 2008 11:12 AM, Marcus Warrington
<marcus.warrington@xxxxxxx <mailto:marcus.warrington%40mis-es.com>

wrote:

> Over the Christmas period (and now beyond) I've noticed that we have
> started having trouble with our X10 lighting. This is mainly
manifesting
> itself with the lights turning themselves off. Looking at the
HomeVision

www.jpdw.org / Information : The currency of the Future