Re: x10 Help

<stuff snipped>

> (although there are some who think SMPS supplies are capable of
> spontaneously generating random X-10 signals but in the middle of the
> night).

Just as there are some who think noisy SM power supplies that CAN fire an
X-10 switch WON'T fire that switch immediately after the bad PS is plugged
in.  Instead, that noisy PS will apparently wait until the wee hours of the
morning when no one is watching to wreak its havoc.  (-:  The long interval,
at least IMHO, is more suggestive of random noise eventually forming a
pattern that causes the switch to fire.

I might be more willing to embrace the Bloom model for *all* errant switch
activations if someone proposed a mechanism accounting for the switch
activating hours after plugging in the bad power supply.

While I DON'T doubt the Bloom model explains a lot of unintended switch
activations, I  DO doubt that it satisfactorily explains phantom commands in
controller logs or switch activations that occur long after the suspect
power supply is put on line.

--
Bobby G.