Re: x10 Help

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:HmQKi.605730$p47.233505@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > I thought Jeff had an ESM1, too.  He should have the appropriate sized
> > 220VAC transformer and the electro-smarts not to electrocute himself.
> > It's
> > big of me to volunteer his ESM1 (and his time) for a possibly lethal
> > experiment <grin> but he's probably bored now that the he's finishing up
> > the
> > XTB-IIR.
>
> Yes I bought a ESM1 back when it cost less than $50.  Sorry, no 220VAC
> wall-warts here.

I thought you might have a suitable transformer you could jury rig.  My bad.
I guess Frank's on his own.  (-:

> Getting bored of using the soldering iron...

Hopefully Bruce's rogue charger will arrive soon and you can put your Dr.
Volt hat on and figure out why it's able to turn lights on in the middle of
the night.  That's got to be more fun than repetitive soldering.  We've got
to find you a new project.  An XTB-RF would be nice.  I think lots of folks
would be interested in an X-10 coupler that didn't need to be wired into the
main circuit panel.

My HomeVision controller arrived today sans power supply (everyone's missing
a wallwart, it seems) but apparently the PS from an old LPT auto-switch box
(from the days before home networks) fits and it powers up.  Now to figure
out the version of the motherboard and PROM.  It responds to IR and puts a
screen up on the TV, so at least it's not DOA.  I'm going to check it out
with a TW-523 before I try it with the XTB-II.

> However, the temperatures finally broke.  We had a beautiful day up in
Zion
> yesterday.

It was near 90 and swampy here.  A totally inside day.  We just got a WII to
keep young visitors entertained and out of trouble but we oldsters are using
it more than they are! I got to practice my bowling and it's unbelivably
realistic, right down to the screams of the gallery when you accidentally
let go of the ball on the backswing.  I was carping about the constant
reminders to secure the controller to your hand with the wrist strap until
it flew out of my hand and smashed into the wall just inches above the new
LCD TV.  There's a good reason they warn you over and over to secure the
controller to your hand.  The boxing sim's pretty realistic, too.  It's the
only video game I ever played that made me break out into a serious sweat.

--
Bobby G.