Re: N:Vision CFL's

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:37:56 -0400, Marc_F_Hult
<MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<q9kf0317i3cdn5u055493d09lrmoth12jc@xxxxxxx>:

>That's good to hear. X-10 is still the only PLC implementation that I know
of
>that work with wall switch wiring with only two wires. It would be useful to
>find CFLs that work with that hardware.
>
>Having replaced about 25 X-10 devices with INSTEON, I find myself with a
>handful of lights in  non-critical areas where there is not the required
hot,
>neutral and switched conductors needed for INSTEON, much less for
centralized
>hard-wired. But these are also some places where if a light is inadvertently
>left on, it might go unnoticed for days, so being able to turn them off
>automatically every (eg) midnight would be useful.
>
>My choices seem to be :
>1) Rewire for  INSTEON or hard-wired lighting
>2) RF
>3) X-10 2-wire
>4) no automation

I missed at least one. I could also replace the existing WS467 with a SPST
relay with a low-voltage coil. That would require running low-voltage control
wire back to the HA center and a new switch box for local low-voltage
control. And finding a code compliant relay.

Note that doing the same thing with an 120 VAC (instead of <50 volt AC or DC)
coil is effectively one of the no-no's described in my last post.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org