Re: N:Vision CFL's

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 01:24:48 GMT, nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote in
message  <4605cede.802587109@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>What will the power factor tell us?  I tested the 23W floodlight and the
14W
>>bulbs and their PF is .61.  The old GE helical CFL comes in at .65.  A new
>>60 watt incandescent reads .99 "pee effs" (-:
>
>Here's another URL that shows why Power Factor may become more important
>with increased use of CFLs, whether voluntary or mandated.
>
>     http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/an/4042.pdf

One of the things that I confirmed from a reading of this ST application note
is that the power factor (PF) problem is one that has identified engineering
solutions.

Something that at least one manufacturer has already implemented.

For example, of the  20 watt (75-watt equivalent)  2700K Technical Consumer
Products (TCP) SpringLamp I introduced  earlier the  N:Vision CFL's
discussion has a rated  power factor of " >.90

The power factor that I actually measured (using a kilowatt meter) ranged
from 0.94-0.97.

So the problem would seem to have been solved already.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org