Re: N:Vision CFL's

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 18:38:14 -0400, Marc_F_Hult
<MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<24rl03pr06kth5031lmf0s3murl2b6sbk3@xxxxxxx>:

>On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:21:28 -0400, Marc_F_Hult
><MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
><bc5l03l0q7moln1jhn81e26a6jpomtug8s@xxxxxxx>:
>

>>>1) With either incandescent in one of the sockets, every combination of
>>>fluorescents worked fine (maximum 3 fluorescents with total of 350 watts)
>>>
>>>2) With: Four  60 watt fluorescents   Loud buzz from switch
>>>      Three 60 watt fluorescents    Distinct buzz
>>>      Two   60 watt fluorescents    Faint  buzz
>>>      One   60 watt fluorescent     almost inaudible
>>>

>On a hunch I substituted a Technical Consumer Products (TCP) SpringLamp
2700K
>_dimmable_ 75watt equivalent for the incandescent.
>
>Bingo!
>
>No buzz, no hum, no flicker, just all 4 CFLs working perfectly.
>
>I was told by the vendor that TCP holds one or more patents on the dimmable
>technology and that this is the logjam. (I have know idea whether this is
>true. Just repeating what I was told.)

Ditto using  a different dimmable  CFL -- a 23 watt (~75-watt equivalent)
Greenlite 2700K model 25W/ELS

So  tried and tested  tricks to using the ever-problematic X-10 WS467 2-wire
dimmer with CFLs include:

1)  one or two n:vision 60watt lamps,  or
2) several n:visions of even higher wattage with an incandescent or dimmable
(or at least these two particular models)
3) or just a dimmable (at least these particular models).

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org