Re: leviton vizia RF switches (Z-wave)

> my advice that 20-25' minimal indoor
> spacing is needed for _reliable_ operation
> stands.

However, that advice is not based on experience
with the products.  Manufacturers disagree.
Comments from people who have installed
Z-Wave also contradict that advice.

Mr. Houston has repeatedly posted inaccurate
information about the protocol, posed questions,
supplied his own suppositions as answers and
then argued that, based upon those "answers"
the protocol is doomed to failure.

Could it possibly be that personal animus or
(worse) competition against a product the
gentleman hopes to market is involved here?

Note: I sell HA equipment online and I plan to
add Z-Wave products from a number of
manufacturers to my online offering.  As such,
I can't claim to be unbiased.  However, I try to
be forthright in posting information and opinions.
Part of that effort includes saying so when I
stand to gain from user acceptance of a product
or technology such as Z-Wave.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass