Re: garage remote jamming

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 01:39:29 -0500, "Robert Green"
<ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<9N2dncCwPcN4VHrYnZ2dnUVZ_vTinZ2d@xxxxxxx>:

>Right now, my admittedly limited
>understanding of radio transmissions tells me that a stronger transmitter
>will completely drown out a weaker one on the same frequency.

We trust that BobbyG understands that the limits of what his understanding
happen to be does not constrain or alter the actual physics of the matter.

This summary of spread spectrum may be helpful:

http://www.sss-mag.com/ss.html

Also, I recall reading in an industry rag an explanation of Lutron's choice
of 418mhz that stated that Lutron could and would change RF strategies if
needed. The statement surprised me.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org