Re: garage remote jamming

> I think your perspective on PLC has not adjusted...

You assume too much.  PLC in a residential setting will continue to be a
market failure.  Not because of anything inferior in the PLC gear, but
because of all the screwy things that can be found in nearly all residential
settings likely to be a candidate for automation.  At least with the
airwaves there's regulations on frequency allocation and use.

> I'm not sure where you live, but I think it's close enough to a rat's nest
> of military transmitters on Nebraska Ave. that you may not be totally
immune
> if there's a city wide attempt to lock down all remote IED's by jamming.

No interference whatsoever with our gear out here off Bradley Blvd.  But
then neither does a friend's place just east of Tenleytown.  So much for
that FUD.