Re: Auto locking door lock with remote

sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> A few minor points:

There's always "a few" isn't there?  :-)

> Cloning the RFID key might be an issue but IME these things generally
> suffer from more mundane attacks.  Inexpensive powered locks I've
> examined to date have been poorly constructed.  Most could easily be
> compromised by application of force with any kind of lever.

That's not saying much at all.  Most "inexpensive locks" can "easily be
compromised by application of force with any kind of lever".

> As to the "4 billion" comment, he probably means there's a 32-bit code.
>  That's not much in the way of security.

Heck of a lot better than a "cheap lock" for which you can easily
manufacture a "bump key" (I won't post the web address for the "how-to"
video, but needless to say "it's definitely out there").

> Lastly, I assumed from the first post that the gentleman was associated
> with the seller.  That doesn't make him suspect but a statement to that
> affect would have been appreciated if it is so.

Yeah.  He should at least have included a "by line" with his name,
contact phone number and website address.

<snip Robert's name and website address>