Re: Auto locking door lock with remote

> Of course we want to get technical. We want to know if your lock is secure.
>
> Frankly, I do not believe your response. There is no need for "four billion"
> codes if you use rolling codes. When numbers of codes in the "billions" are
> quoted it usually means static codes which are absolutely insecure.
>
> >2. How close must the RFID keyfob be to operate the lock? About an inch
> >away..
>
> Then it has no advantage over things like an iButton which is definitely
> more secure since it is not subject to eavesdropping.
>
> >3. How close do I have to be to the keyfob to clone it? It is like any
> >other Keyfob out there.
>
> IOW, you haven't a clue. Some of the keyfobs "out there" can be cloned;
> others cannot. I doubt you understand the concept.
>
> I think you should peddle your wares elsewhere where there may be fewer
> knowledgeable people to "get technical".

A few minor points:

Cloning the RFID key might be an issue but IME these things generally
suffer from more mundane attacks.  Inexpensive powered locks I've
examined to date have been poorly constructed.  Most could easily be
compromised by application of force with any kind of lever.

As to the "4 billion" comment, he probably means there's a 32-bit code.
 That's not much in the way of security.

Lastly, I assumed from the first post that the gentleman was associated
with the seller.  That doesn't make him suspect but a statement to that
affect would have been appreciated if it is so.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com