Re: Insteon open source WAS: Something else

Hello Sylvan,

>>Insteon software, I think they should have listened to us about the license
>>terms. I think acceptance would have gone faster had there been lots of busy
>>fingers playing with and sharing code. ;)
>

> It DEFINITELY would have sold me some units.  I specifically did not buy
> the sdk and etc. because I did not want 1) code was not freely available
> and 2) I did not want to be contaminated by restrictive licensing.

That begs the question: When will they ever learn? Many a fine bus or
protocol has quietly gone lalaland because of elitist treatment. Either
too restrictive or too expensive, or both. Remember GPIB?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com