Insteon open source WAS: Something else

It will likely disappear as soon as SmartHome sees this but there is some
(somewhat amateurish) ZBasic code to send/receive with the 2414S that was
posted by someone to the ZBasic files forum. As best I recall, it doesn't
include any linking/unlinking functions.

     http://www.zbasic.net/forum/about271.html

I haven't looked at their license lately. While they did change some of the
terms, it still prevents sharing of code, etc. so I think you'll be butting
your head against the wall. Maybe the fact that you're a published author
will influence them.

Yesterday, I received two upgraded 2414S units to replace the two I had. I
don't yet know what the upgrade entails but you probably should get the
upgrade (it's free) before doing much coding.

Given the paucity of info, I surrendered a few months back and bought the
SDK. At least I got it before the price increase. Reverse engineering the
PLC protocol is trivial but linking/unlinking, writing to EEPROM,
setting/reading the RTC, etc. pretty much requires documentation.