CM11A gets 'stuck' (and fix)

Well it looks like I've found the source to a recent spat of control
problems. It's my new laser printer. Here's what happens: when the
laser printer starts up there is a sudden dip in the power because of
the laser heating up (or at least some heating element is heating up).
This causes my CM11A to get stuck. I can talk to it like when I send
commands but the commands never get sent. Normally when the CM11A
gets stuck I can just use another device to send an X10 command. This
usually unsticks the CM11A. That doesn't work in this scenario. To fix
this problem you must unplug the CM11A and plug it back in. Then it
begins to work fine. Both the CM11A and the printer are on the same
circuit. I'll have to change that. One more thing to note, the CM11A
doesn't get hot. I left this problem over night and the CM11A is cool
as it normally would be.

So the short of it is that the CM11A doesn't like brown outs.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site