Re: CM11A gets 'stuck' (and fix)

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:15:52 -0500, Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> laser printer starts up there is a sudden dip in the power because of
> the laser heating up (or at least some heating element is heating up).

It's the fuser (uses heat to fuse the toner to the paper).  The laser is
a minute fraction of a watt unless you have special equipment (and don't
the feds require a license?) to laser engrave your printouts into
something more substantial than what you buy at the office mart.  :)

Thanks for posting this.  I hadn't tracked it down, but I think that
must be happening to my CM-11 when the central air cycles quickly (comes
on again while high pressure is still in the system).  Probably I'll
have to wait until next summer to figure it out.  :)

sdb
--
Wanted:  Omnibook 800 & accessories, cheap, working or not
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com