Re: CM11A gets 'stuck' (and fix)

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:51:16 -0600, sylvan butler wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:15:52 -0500, Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> laser printer starts up there is a sudden dip in the power because of
>> the laser heating up (or at least some heating element is heating up).
>
> It's the fuser (uses heat to fuse the toner to the paper).  The laser is
> a minute fraction of a watt unless you have special equipment (and don't
> the feds require a license?) to laser engrave your printouts into
> something more substantial than what you buy at the office mart.  :)

Thanks, I forgot the name fuser. This is a standard laser printer and
I'm happy with it other than the brown-out condition. I've put my
other equipment on battery backup (but not the PLCs of course)..

> Thanks for posting this.  I hadn't tracked it down, but I think that
> must be happening to my CM-11 when the central air cycles quickly (comes
> on again while high pressure is still in the system).  Probably I'll
> have to wait until next summer to figure it out.  :)

Yes an air conditioner or heat pump would probably cause the same
condition. Our air conditioner had a hard time keeping up with the
demands this summer and caused similar problems. Also anything with a
heating unit, such as a toaster oven, in could cause similar problems.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site