Re: Using the Sewer Vent for Cable or Cat5e Run?

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 23:20:26 -0400, Marc_F_Hult <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With one hand  on the hot chassis, another on a sink or grounded washing
> machine, the current would cross their chest and could stop their heart. You
> might cause someone to die. Please consider that and do the responsible

The "professional" who wired my last house (new built for me) did one
better...  He wired the range swapping hot and ground.  My wife never
complained, but the first time I tried to cook pasta and it took forever
to bring water to a boil, and could hardly keep it there, I knew
something was wrong.  Started measuring voltages after dinner.  The
leads on my DMM were long enough to measure the 120v between chassis of
range and kitchen faucet.  Which meant my arms were easily long enough.

When called him, the electrician was wondering if he could barge in on
us at 10pm that night (Sunday).  I let him off the hook and just swapped
the wires myself.  There were other problems with the wiring in that
house.  I wonder if he was as drunk as the finish carpenter who pounded
the base molding thru the drywall rather than cut to length?

I moved into this house some years later.  Shortly afterwards, I tested
all the outlets.  Found some reversed hot and neutral, and some open
ground.  Now perhaps a homeowner messed them up during the 20 years
before I moved in.  But with all the coats of paint and loose prongs in
most of the outlets in the house, I'm pretty sure it was original work.

sdb

--
Wanted:  Omnibook 800 & accessories, cheap, working or not
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com