Re: roZetta Status

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 19:29:20 -0500, Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <slrneie2gq.520.njc@xxxxxxxx>:

>Right now I really need to get to work on the Insteon code. I
>currently have no HA systems running. Argh, the withdrawl is terrible.
>
>I really need to get my butt in gear and get something done.

The developer of the Homeseer plug-in has released a new version of the
plug-in for the also newly released INSTEON SmartHome Device Manager (SDM)
and 2414x powerline controllers that cleans up many of the previous problems.

This was accomplished in part by not using the SDM except for the most basic
communication --and at the cost of writing almost 10,000 lines of code.

Presumably you are planning to use Linux, so the SDM is not applicable except
under WMWare, Wine or Ubuntu etc. How much functionality are you planning to
(initially?) include in your code?

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org