Re: sensor controller

> I am in the middle of designing my smart home
> and I am looking for a controller that will control
> all the sensors and will able me to receive an
> input to the computer.

Nadav,

There are many from which to choose.  HAI makes the Omni series.  It's well-established and is good compatible with a range of
household subsystems.

ELK Products makes an M1 Gold which is also excellent.  In addition to standard on/off (i.e., binary) sensing, the M1G does analog.
It's "zones" (input loops) can be configured to read a 0-10 VDC signal, giving you enough info to compare temperatures, light
levels, etc.  It's an interesting machine and certainly worth a look.

Both of these systems are popular among DIYers as well as professional installers.  I'll be installing the M1G in my home as soon as
my health improves (going through some stuff at the moment).

Among the sensors you might want to integrate with either of these are:
- Security (motion detection, door and window contacts, glass break sensors)
- Fire alarm (smoke detectors, heat sensors, carbon monoxide and combustion gas detectors, etc)
- Environmental (inside and outdoor temperature, pool, spa and solar collector temps, humidity, wind, rain, etc)
- Lighting

The HAI system is detailed at http://www.homeauto.com/main.asp
The ELK is at http://www.elkproducts.com/products/m1/m1main.htm

I sell the ELK system online so I'm not entirely unbiased.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics