Re: roZetta Status

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 14:35:56 -0400, Marc_F_Hult wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 19:29:20 -0500, Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxx> wrote in
> message  <slrneie2gq.520.njc@xxxxxxxx>:
>
>>Right now I really need to get to work on the Insteon code. I
>>currently have no HA systems running. Argh, the withdrawl is
>>terrible.
>>
>>I really need to get my butt in gear and get something done.
>
> The developer of the Homeseer plug-in has released a new version of
> the plug-in for the also newly released INSTEON SmartHome Device
> Manager (SDM) and 2414x powerline controllers that cleans up many of
> the previous problems.
>
> This was accomplished in part by not using the SDM except for the
> most basic communication --and at the cost of writing almost 10,000
> lines of code.
>
> Presumably you are planning to use Linux, so the SDM is not
> applicable except under WMWare, Wine or Ubuntu etc. How much
> functionality are you planning to (initially?) include in your code?

I'm going to take it in small steps. First control X10 (normal on,
off, dim, bright, etc). Then start with simple Insteon (same basic
stuff). Then I'll take on the device manager. One of the other gentle
has come up with a loader.  As far as the core code goes I'll work on
that later (assembler and actual code).

Right now it's a toss up between using the device driver and the hid
driver.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site