Re: X10 replacement?

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 21:40:08 -0400, Marc_F_Hult
<MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<3rm8i29h3u20j44aqnf52dk16kqkaf5cd3@xxxxxxx>:

>Problems suffered by the many -- VCRs flashing 12:00, the Y2K scare, garage
>doors accidentally open, HD crashes, malware, identity theft, security
>system false alarms --  are cumulatively much, much more important than bad
>experiences with X-10 by a relative few, IMO.

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 01:32:56 GMT, Joerg
<notthisjoergsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<chZUg.13395$7I1.2144@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Maybe I just couldn't find them but the only remotes I see for Insteon
>were these four:
>http://www.smarthome.com/prodindex.asp?catid=85
>
>No handhelds, no pocket remotes, no key fobs. Does anyone else make
>those? I can hardly imagine HA without handheld remotes. My wife would
>certainly not approve, that's what sold her on HA.

And now I add as another of the problems and dis-incentives, the pile of
dead/superceded/too complicated remotes of various protocols and vintages on
every coffee table and kitchen junk drawer in the over-developed world ...

(Have I ranted yet about wall warts and other abysmal aspects of HA
practicalia and aesthetics? ;-)

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org