Re: X10 replacement?

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 01:32:56 GMT, Joerg
<notthisjoergsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<chZUg.13395$7I1.2144@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Hello Marc,
>
>Maybe I just couldn't find them but the only remotes I see for Insteon
>were these four:
>http://www.smarthome.com/prodindex.asp?catid=85
>
>No handhelds, no pocket remotes, no key fobs. Does anyone else make
>those? I can hardly imagine HA without handheld remotes. My wife would
>certainly not approve, that's what sold her on HA.

So far, ABIK, INSTEON is effectively powerline-only except for the phase
coupler-repeaters. The RF side may or may not happen.

But there's absolutely nothing preventing one from using another RF or IR or
laser, or RFID, or acoustic, or voice protocol through an interconnected
controller. In my system, I already have RF fobs (with much better security)
through the Napco (and Elk), and IR of all sorts through a whole bunch of
simple interfaces including Slinke. Why would I want Yet Another Interface
from INSTEON ?

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECONtrol.org