Re: A mentor / Advisor ?

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>One does not have to own a Zwave device to know the issues involved with RF.
>One does not have to own a whole fleet of modules to know they would not
>like the process of walking about the house registering and re-registering
>modules with or without a laptop in tow.  Anyone with even a little
>experience with HA modules losing their settings and having to be
>reprogrammed knows how annoying a "feature" like that can become in very
>short order.

Martin Custer of AutomatedOutlet (who sells all of the various technologies)
posted here about a year ago that Z-Wave had the highest warranty return
rates (and shortest warranty).

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.home.automation/browse_frm/thread/c0427385826c1e03/9d9b01b6a67f1c69?lnk=st&q=&rnum=2&hl=en#9d9b01b6a67f1c69

And, another dealer who sells "all the above" posted here that Z-Wave lamp
modules were blowing when the lamps burned out although I wonder whether he
confused cause and effect.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.home.automation/browse_frm/thread/203aae41cdd9fe19/7467280cc5a79255?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=en#7467280cc5a79255

So I suspect that the problem of removing dead soldiers from the controller
routing tables was (is?) both real and frequent.

http://davehouston.net