A mentor / Advisor ?

Hi All,

Someone mentioned in another forum that I might try this newsgroup for some
help / advise with home Automation.

I'm about to move into a new home, and I think there's an opportunity to
install some home automation products / services.

I have a lot of experience with electrical wiring and computers in general
as well as wired and wireless networking.  I don't, however, have any
experience with home automation.

I'm looking for someone that wouldn't mind taking a little time to
correspond with me, either here for the benefit of the group, or via email,
so as to spare the group from my newbiness.

Breifly, what I have in my home now is that the builder ran coax, phone and
cat5e from most every room in the house to the basement, where they are all
currently bundled and un-terminated.  The alarm panel is also conveniently
located in the same place.

Anyway, if you have ideas / experience and are willing to spend a little
time helping me figure out what I need, I'd sure appreciate it!

Thanks!
Chris Hackett
chackett@xxxxxxxxxxxx