Re: A mentor / Advisor ?

"Chris Hackett" <chackett@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>So based on the conversations I've had here so far, do you think something
>like this is a good start for me?
>
>http://www.smarthome.com/128301i.html
>
>That's an Insteon enabled  Elk M1 Gold with flush mount keypad.  Will this
>simply replace my current Adamco (or is it ademco) security panel?  And then
>I should get some insteon enabled thermostats and then some switches to do
>lighting?  That seems like a good start to me?
>
>Thanks for your ideas and suggestions ..
>
>Chris Hackett

You should take a look at the details regarding the thermostats. Click on
"Details & Specifications", follow the Aprilaire & Omnistat links and read
the installation manuals for each. There's sure to be some wiring involved
between the panel and thermostats and/or between the thermostats and HVAC
equipment. You want to be certain you can implement it without tearing out
any walls.

http://davehouston.net