Re: The problems with X10 ...

Re: security

Even my life doesn't depend on it, I check it anyway.  Well the random
code means 8 bit ID code, scary.  Not even the house code is checked.
I was hoping that attempts to disarm with invalid ID will trigger the
alarm or something.  But the instructions said it all:  if your alarm
is disarmed by your neighbors, install your system again!  Wow!

All I got is a bling when the alarm is disarmed, sure wouldn't be
enough to wake me up.  But would any invalid disarm attempts cause a
bling?  Probably not.

Anyway, I will not register any remote to arm it.  So I guess nobody
will be able to disarm it remotely, unless the random default to 00
that sort of stupid thing again.  The alarm is logically in the bedroom
so arming the console isn't a problem.  Maybe add one more console at
the garage to avoid some sprinting?  which could also allow remote
arming as there are no personal safety issues.  Better still, scrap it.