Re: A mentor / Advisor ?

G. Morgan <alarmpro@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 00:14:07 -0500, "Robert L Bass"
><robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>It is unfortunate that Mr. Houston (who claims to have me filtered) cannot engage in a discussion of >>the merits without resorting to name calling.
>
>That goes way back, bonehead.
>
>Your recent posts are based solely on personal animus.
>
>http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.home.automation/browse_frm/thread/0939534d84909568/437a6eb00a1b9043?#437a6eb00a1b9043

Graham,

It goes back much further than that. Before Future Standard went out of
business I usually listed them as a source for home automation hardware.
There were few online stores then and Brian Karas had reasonable prices and
was very knowledgeable. This fishy fellow sent me an email demanding that I
also recommend his online store. I told him to get lost.

At about the same time, he sent me an email asking me to evaluate his online
store. I responded that anyone who required Java to view his online store
was an idiot who was clueless about computer security and told him to get
lost.

He has gotten more sophisticated over the years. There used to be a lot of
unsolicited posts to CHA saying warm fuzzy things about him from people
posting from the same machine he posted from. "They" have since learned to
cover their tracks a bit better.

He sent me an email asking if he could sell Commander-X in his online store.
I told him I wasn't involved but that my recommendation would be to tell him
to get lost.

His "FAQ" included a lot of material taken from my web pages, infringing on
my copyright. I called him on it.

He then deep-linked to _every_ page on my web site and I had to take steps
to block that.

He frequently bashes me but you won't find him arguing anything on merits
because he is technically incompetent and unable to understand merits.

I keep him (and his tag team partner) in my killfile and seldom see his crap
(unless someone quotes it) because I don't want to be tempted to respond and
further corrupt CHA but now and then his distortions, fabrications, libels
and slanders are so egregious as to require a response.

I am sorry I called him "sub-human slime" but, since there are no words to
accurately describe how low he is, that will have to do.

When the indigenous people in the interior of Brazil realize those
"missionaries" are funded by the current administration and directed by the
CIA, they'll make some fish stew. I imagine Lucifer is eagerly awaiting him.

http://davehouston.net