Re: A mentor / Advisor ?

You say, "Some folks have larger systems" and earlier you referred to seeing
several threads from people who had tried both Insteon and Z-Wave. URLs to
any such threads would be welcomed by those here trying to decide between
the two. Reports from installers whose profitability depends on reliability
would be especially welcomed.

If RadioRA is two-way, then the modules must be transceivers. Why then do
they need separate (and multiple) repeaters?

Free air range is not a valid indicator for indoor range (as you have
noted). I have extensive experience with low power radio modules like these
and my rule of thumb (which holds up fairly well) is that reliable indoor
range is about 20% of free air range. I'd like to see how well they perform
in the plaster over wire lath construction that San Francisco's firecodes
required when I installed commercial sound systems there in the early '60s.

I recall seeing that removing a dead Z-Wave unit from the master controller
required starting over with a clean slate. Has that been fixed?

The cost of RadioRA modules would limit most people to far fewer than 32
modules. ;-)

http://davehouston.net