Re: A mentor / Advisor ?

I think you've confirmed most of my Z-Wave criticisms (which I made at the
time it was introduced). Perhaps the newest hardware will address them,
perhaps not. I'd recommend a "wait and see" approach.

I believe Chris Walker is an employee of a company that manufactures
products under Z-Wave license. I would expect him to have a favorable view
of Z-Wave. If I wanted to read Z-Wave propaganda I'd just take Bass out of
my killfile. I'd prefer to hear from end-users (with larger installations)
or from installers. You can find many of both types (with a mixture of happy
& unhappy) in Smarthome's Insteon support groups. Bruce Robin, who posts
here frequently, has a large Insteon installation with which he's happy
except for wanting to control it using his existing JDS Stargate.

http://davehouston.net