Re: biometric locksets -- experience?

"Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OTOH, most residences are so easy to break in without
> compromising the lock that a dual technology lock is probably
> overkill.

This has been a driving factor for me in designing my security system. For
the longest time, I wasn't going to get electric strike plates, as I've
always insisted on deadbolts. Electric deadbolts bring up the problem of
"fail safe" vs. "fail secure."

People have also advised me against using RFID and other wireless
technologies to disarm and unlock.

I finally decided, anything more difficult to defeat than "rock through
window" isn't worth worrying about. A guy with an RFID sniffer is going to
get into my house a lot less often than a guy with a rock.  Best I can hope
to do is provide barriers to the casual thief, and hope to ensure the alarm
goes off on an unauthorized entry.