biometric locksets -- experience?

Pardon if too far off the newsgroup focus, but I thought folks here might be
most likely to have experience with these items.

Smarthome has been sending catalogs with fingerprint reading locksets and
deadbolts.  Anyone have any experience with these?  I'm wondering how good
their discrimination is -- do they always read a valid fingerprint and
always reject an invalid one?  Also wondering about the battery life -- any
experience as to how often the batteries have to be changed?  Finally, how
about the locksets and deadbolts themselves?  Are they good quality
hardware?

Any experience, hearsay, whatever that anyone can offer will be appreciated.

Dennis M